The Usborne Complete book of the microscope
This 96 page, Internet-linked book is a fully-illustrated, practical beginner's guide to the microscope with fantastic photographs, in this book you will find out how to use your microscope, how to prepare and mount specimens onto slides to view with your microscope and more. Suitable for Ages 9-adult.
The amazing pictures and illustrations provide an in depth insight into the microscopic world. The easy to read chapters cover:
- A fabulous and revealing introduction to the secrets of the microscopic world.
- Features amazing photos of what can be discovered through a microscope, from atoms to algae and dust to DNA.
- With over 20 step-by-step microscope activities including preparing slides and observing everyday objects, insects and even your own cheek cells.
- Includes practical information on buying, using and taking care of a microscope.
- With internet-links to websites with more amazing photos, projects and activities.
- The micro world
- The human body
- Plants & fungi
- Creepy Crawlies
- Rocks to robots
- Past & present
- Practical points